What Is Low Level Laser Therapy?
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), also known as Low-Intensity Laser Therapy (LILT), Photobiomodulation (PBM), and Cold Laser, is a light-based technology proven to be highly effective in the treatment of musculoskeletal (MSK) problems, wound healing, dermatological conditions, and an extensive range of neurological conditions. This technology has been heavily researched since 1959 and is non-invasive, non-toxic, and currently utilized in 52 countries world-wide.
LLLT utilizes superluminous and laser diodes to irradiate diseased or traumatized tissue with photons. These particles of energy are selectively absorbed by the cell membrane and intracellular molecules, resulting in the initiation of a cascade of complex physiological reactions, leading to the restoration of normal cell structure and function.
The process is curative and therefore results in the elimination of symptoms including pain. In addition, it enhances the body’s immune system response and facilitates natural healing. The therapy is completely safe and has no adverse side effects.
BIOFLEX® Laser at Life Therapies in Ottawa
At the Life Therapies clinic in Ottawa, our physiotherapists are trained in the BioFlex®Laser Therapy system.
BioFlex Laser Therapy is highly effective in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, arthritis, sports injuries, and wound healing. BioFlex Laser Therapy is non-invasive, non-toxic and delivers consistent, superior clinical outcomes without any adverse effects.
Key Benefits of BioFlex Laser Therapy
- Alleviates or eliminates pain and other symptoms
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Improves mobility
- No adverse effects
- Acceleration of healing
Conditions Commonly Treated Include
- Soft Tissue and Sports Injuries such as Ligament/tendon/muscle tears, Joint dysfunction and Fractures
- Repetitive Stress Injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Rotator Cuff Syndrome and Epicondylitis
- Inflammatory Conditions such as Tendonitis of all areas, Plantar Fasciitis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Back Problems such as Degenerative Osteoarthritis, Spinal Stenosis/Sciatica, Disc Herniation, Myofascitis
- Neurological Conditions such as Neuropathies, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis
- Diabetic ulcers
Laser Therapy treatments average 30-40 minutes in length. Unlike traditional physiotherapy, this service is less hands-on and is an excellent option for those seeking to minimize close contact.