Osteopathic Manual Thesis Writer, Registered Massage Therapist
Trevor Nootenboom, Osteopathic Thesis Writer at the Canadian College of Osteopathy and Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) joined Life Therapies in 2013. He has been practicing as an RMT since 2000, where he draws upon his past experience as an Active Release Technique Provider, and the new skills he has learned in his training as an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner.
His path towards a career as a healthcare provider was sparked simply, by accident. In 1994, Trevor was involved in a motor vehicle accident, sustaining a concussion, cracked ribs, whiplash, back pain and a damaged spleen. A lengthy stay in hospital and an intense rehabilitative regime lead him to discover a keen interest in entering a profession that could help people experiencing pain and dysfunction.
Trevor has two different treatment approaches available to his patients:
Massage Therapy supported by Osteopathic Techniques. These techniques and the Osteopathic philosophy allow for a more holistic head-to-toe approach to health and well-being, where the underlying causes of dysfunction are addressed. This allows optimization of the body’s natural ability to heal itself. The skills Trevor has learned allow him to more comprehensively treat his patients, with a variety of tools to work with. His training and experience affords him with a wide array of options to effectively treat clients of all ages and conditions, such as:
- Complex musculoskeletal conditions anywhere in the body
- Postural Corrections
- Restricted myofascial chains
- Scar tissue from surgery and trauma
- TMJ dysfunction
- Sluggish immunity
- Chronic pain
- Varying metabolic imbalances
- Management of stress and anxiety
- Trevor is also trained in visceral manipulation techniques, where he regularly treats problems of the following organ systems:
- Cardiovascular problems
- He also works regularly with pre & post-natal care and paediatrics
- A traditional approach to Massage Therapy. There are times where nothing can replace a massage! For over 16 years, Trevor has done considerable work in the deep tissue realm. He has extensive experience in the treatment and management of such things as:
- Athletic Injuries
- Pregnancy Massage
- Nerve Entrapments
- Postural Abnormalities
- Chronic Pain Management
- Aches and Pains from many causes
One advantage Trevor enjoys when performing more traditional massage therapy comes from his more detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Not only does a patient receive the care of an experienced RMT and ART Provider – a therapist with five years of Osteopathic training is also treating the patient.
In Trevor’s spare time, you will most likely find him with his nose in a book related to his thesis or spending time with his family. Trevor will receive his diploma in Osteopathic Manual Practice (D.O.M.P.) upon completion of his thesis. Until then, he bills as a Registered Massage Therapist using osteopathic techniques.
Trevor’s Hours: Monday to Friday 7am – 2:15pm