A pelvic floor physiotherapist is trained to provide internal and external treatment to improve conditions associated with the pelvic floor.
Conditions treated during pregnancy
- musculoskeletal pain (most commonly low back and pelvic girdle pain)
- pelvic organ prolapse
- pelvic floor weakness or tightness
- exercise guidelines during pregnancy
Conditions treated in the postpartum phase
- Increased frequency, urgency, and/or changes in sensation associated with bladder or bowel function
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Diastasis recti and abdominal weakness
- Pelvic pain, including painful intercourse
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as neck or low-back pain, pelvic girdle pain, hip pain, and postnatal wrist issues
Please contact us to schedule an appointment with Jagisha Sekhri, Registered Physiotherapist.